2019 Women Leaders Award Winners
Women Leaders in College Sports is committed to recognizing the achievements and successes of women working in athletics. Celebrating these accomplishments is an integral piece of advancing women in athletics, and we celebrate each of our honorees every year at our National Convention.
See all our past award honorees here »
Rising Star Award Winners
The Rising Star Award recognizes administrators who have made a significant contribution early in their career and show potential to make a leadership impact in the future. These Women Leaders members demonstrate high-level leadership roles on campus, in a conference office, an organization, or in the community.
Ashley Beaton, Postgraduate Intern with DII Governance, NCAA
Christal Peterson, Coordinator for Student-Athlete Success, Inclusion, and Leadership, Wheaton College
Commitment Award Winner
The Commitment Award recognizes a mid-level athletics administrator below the senior ranking level (5-10 years of administrative experience) who is committed to providing leadership and guidance within intercollegiate athletics, goes beyond the call of duty, and provides outstanding service to one's department, conference office, or organization.
Dr. Tiese Roxbury, Assistant Director of Research, Assessment, and Academic Success and Educational Research
Administrator of the Year Award Winners
Please stay tuned for our Administrator of the Year honoree announcement late July.
- NCAA Division I FBS: Carla Williams, Director of Athletics, University of Virginia
- NCAA Division I FCS: Sharon D. Brummell, Senior Associate Athletics Director for Business and Finance, Chief Financial Officer and Senior Woman Administrator, Georgetown University
- NCAA Division I: Dr. Renae Myles, Senior Associate Athletic Director, Chief Operating Officer and Senior Woman Administrator, Winthrop University
- NCAA Division II: Karen Stromme, Senior Associate Athletic Director and Senior Woman Administrator, University of Minnesota Duluth
- NCAA Division III: Jan Hathorn, Michael F. Walsh Director of Athletics, Chair, Physical Education, Athletics and Recreation Dept., Washington and Lee University
- Association/Organization: Robin J. Harris, Executive Director, The Ivy League
- NAIA/NJCAA/CC: Brooke Henze, Athletic Director, Lewis-Clark State College
- Nell Jackson: Dr. China L. Jude, Senior Associate Athletics Director for Administration and Senior Woman Administrator, University of Wyoming
Lifetime Achievement Award Winners
In honor of our 40th anniversary celebration, we will recognize all past presidents at the Nike Lifetime Achievement Luncheon on Monday, October 14.