Associate Director, Major Gifts - Athletics
Full Time - Experienced
Commensurate with experience
Northwestern University Opportunity (Job ID 36029):
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a career at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal excellence.
Currently, we have a career opportunity as an Associate Director, Major Gifts - Athletics (Evanston Campus).
• Gathers data, assesses leads, and develops strategies designed to realize the current and life-time giving potential of individual prospects.
• Maintains consistent and appropriate contact.
• Facilitates or makes solicitations.
• Ensures effective stewardship.
• Involves moderate- to-high-level of collaboration with both internal department partners and moderate level of collaboration with broader University partners to identify & integrate resources in order to accomplish strategic goals & objectives.
Prospects & Gifts
• Develops, plans & implements strategies, goals & approaches to close major gifts.
• Partners with other areas of development, specifically Annual & Planned Giving to coordinate contacts.
• Identifies, researches & personally solicits major gifts of $100K to $1M by managing a portfolio of approximately 75 prospects annually.
• Completes associated stewardship activities.
• Maintains up-to-date best practices and evaluates closed prospects.
• Recommends changes to enhance innovation, objectives & goals.
• Requires travel throughout the region or country.
• Gathers, records and retrieves information about prospects and donors utilizing the University's donor and alumni tracking database, Internet, meetings with development staff, faculty, etc.
• Prepares contact reports on meetings and interactions with alumni.
Completes other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or 2 years equivalent experience in development function.
• 4 years development, marketing, sales or the equivalent experience is required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
• Organization; analytical thinking; big-picture thinking; curiosity; independent teamwork/collaboration.
Working at Northwestern University:
Beyond being a place to learn and grow professionally, Northwestern is an exciting and fulfilling place to work! Northwestern offers many benefit options to full and part-time employees including: competitive compensation; excellent retirement plans; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; dependent care match; vacation, sick and holiday pay; professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Northwestern greatly values work/life balance amongst its employees. Take advantage of recreational, cultural, and enrichment opportunities on campus. Employees also receive access to childcare solutions, retail discounts, and other work/life balance resources.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will apply for current openings. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you. Job Opening ID number for this position is 36029.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.