Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance and Administration
Full Time - Experienced
Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Description: The Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance and Administration is a member of the senior athletic leadership team and assists the Athletic Director with leading multiple areas of the department. The Assistant Athletic Department will provide leadership for NCAA compliance and eligibility, business functions and budget management, internal operations, assessment and reporting. Additional duties will include game management, sport supervision and other duties as assigned.
Partial funding of this position is through the NCAA Ethnic Minorities and Women's Internship Grant. Therefore, preference will be given to candidates that self-identify as female and/or an ethnic minority including American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, or native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
• Oversees all aspects of a comprehensive NCAA, College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin (CCIW), and institutional rules compliance program. This includes using best practices to develop education, monitoring, and reporting programs that ensure full compliance with all applicable rules and regulations for all staff and student-athletes.
• Serves as the department of athletics Compliance Officer and oversees all aspects of NCAA and conference compliance, including completion of all NCAA and CCIW compliance forms; rules interpretation and application of legislation; compliance education for all staff and student-athletes; initial and ongoing compliance; monitoring all rules compliance; and fostering a department culture with the highest standards of academic and athletic excellence and integrity.
• Coordinates with the institution's Compliance Office to maintain knowledge of federal, NCAA, conference, and institution rules and regulations. This responsibility requires the employee to keep abreast of any updates or changes affecting athletic department compliance with NCAA rules, Title IX, FERPA, and HIPAA.
• Ensure that all student-athletes receive NCAA compliance education and successfully complete all required university, CCIW and NCAA compliance forms and processes.
• Serve as the athletics compliance liaison with admissions, financial aid, registrar and other campus offices.
• Assist the Athletic Director with completion of institutional, conference and NCAA reports, including the ISSG, NCAA Annual Membership, EADA and Sports Sponsorship and Demographic reports.
• Review and update all student-athlete and department policy and procedure manuals.
• Coordinate eligibility certification process with coaches, Registrar, FAR and AD.
• Serve as the Department's primary liaison with the NCAA and CCIW with respect to obtaining rules interpretations and resolving compliance issues. Consults with the AD as appropriate.
• Monitor playing and practice seasons with Head Coaches to ensure compliance with NCAA and CCIW bylaws.
• Coordinate all student-athlete post-season evaluation collections and assessment of data.
• Assist the AD with records of the Athletic Department and student-athlete activity, such as retention rates, graduation rates, academic performance, athletic honors/awards, recruitment, etc.
• Manage internal business operations and processes as assigned.
• Coordinate athletics concessions, on-site ticket sales, and merchandising revenues and processes; includes oversight of student employees.
• Assist the Athletic Director with formation and management of the athletics department annual budget.
• Ensure department compliance with University business related policies and procedures.
• Assist with monitoring department budgets to ensure annual budget targets are met.
• Assist coaches with travel arrangements and purchasing processes as needed.
• Coordinate the processing and approval of business related forms.
• Assist with athletics personnel hiring, training, and evaluation processes and procedures.
• Assist the Athletic Director with department wide strategic planning and assessment.
• Provide supervision and sport oversight for sports teams as assigned or requested.
• Assist with special projects and department initiatives through direct leadership, supervision or assisting other department staff.
• Serve as game administrator for assigned athletic competitions.
• Assist the Athletic Director and other athletic leaders with hosting all regular season, CCIW, and NCAA tournaments to include scheduling, facility preparation, and staffing.
• Represent the department at NCAA, CCIW, university, professional, civic, charity, and alumni events as necessary.
• Contribute to the overall success of the intercollegiate athletics program by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Assist with internal department events, communication and activities.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in sports management, physical education, kinesiology, business or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of related work experience required.
• Three (3) or more years of intercollegiate athletics administrative experience preferred.
• Ability to lift, stand, kneel and physically assist with game facility set up and tear down.
• The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions.
• Knowledge of NCAA rules, compliance best practices, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computer programs and software, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, CAi, ACS or similar compliance software, Experience with Compliance Assistant (CAi), ACS (or similar) software, LSDBi, RSRO, and the NCAA Portal considered a plus.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to FERPA guidelines.
Human Relations Skills:
• Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission (https://apptrkr.com/1470458 ).
• Knowledge of basic principles of administration, and management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and supervisory skills to accurately oversee the professional work in assigned areas.
• Ability to present a mature, professional demeanor at all times while working under pressure with accuracy and consistency in a multi-tasking, deadline oriented environment.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult the Athletic Director prior to taking action.
• The ability to maintain a positive attitude, work independently with initiative, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate interpersonally and work collaboratively with a team, as well as be an independent contributor both within the athletic department and across campus.
• Ability to perform the physical demands of the position.
• Willingness to travel and work various hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays when required or as requested.
• Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct.
• Must have valid Wisconsin motor vehicle license and be insurable under the University's insurance plan.
Find out more about Carroll University here!
Please reference job# 1819-121 and submit cover letter and resume to:
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE