Women Coaches NEXT UP
We are proud to announce Women Coaches NEXT UP
, a powerful new program to promote the advancement and retention of women basketball coaches in intercollegiate athletics. In partnership with the Women's Basketball Coaches Association, Women Coaches NEXT UP
aims to connect up-and-coming assistant women basketball coaches and senior-level athletic administrators through an interactive and engaging half-day workshop. Participants will learn from, and interact with, the administrators who are making the hiring decisions for their respective women's basketball programs. Coaches will gain key insights and knowledge that will help them get noticed, win the job and keep the job.
- Application Opens: November 15
- Application Closes: December 6 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Applicants Notified: Week of January 6
Event Date: April 2nd, 2020 in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Women collegiate basketball assistant coaches.
- At least 3 years of full-time college coaching experience.
- WBCA member.
- Registered for WBCA convention.
- Looking to transition into a head coach position within 2-4 years.
- All nominators must be a senior-level institution or conference athletic administrator, or a national governing body administrator. A nominator may nominate any assistant coach that fulfills the eligibility criteria and is not limited to only those coaches affiliated with their institution or conference.
- At the conclusion of the nomination period, Women Leaders will send all nominations to the WBCA selection committee. The committee will choose the 30 assistant coaches from the pool of nominees to attend Women Coaches NEXT UP.