The Nominating Committee is elected by the membership and consists of at least eight active members in addition to the Chair. It is the duty of this committee to nominate one candidate for the office of President-Elect, no more than two candidates for each open position on the Board of Directors, and a slate of candidates for open positions on the Nominating Committee. The Chair of the Nominating Committee is appointed by the President from among current Board members. The President and Chief Executive Officer serve as ex-officio members of the committee.
Members of the Nominating Committee will serve one, two-year term, with four members elected in even years and four elected in odd years. Members will be eligible for re-election to a second, two-year term before rotating off the committee for at least two years.
Solicits and recruits members interested in serving on the Board of Directors, the Nominating Committee or the office of President.
- Finalizes a slate for review by the Board of Directors for one candidate for the office of President-Elect, no more than two candidates for each open position on the Board of Directors and a slate of candidates for open positions on the Nominating Committee.
Qualifications for Committee Members
Awareness of association leaders to be considered.
Committee meetings of an hour each (frequency determined by chair); various administration and communication activities.
2020 Committee Members
Board of Directors Liaison: Kelley Kish, Director of Athletics, Winthrop University- DII Big South Conference
Staff Liaisons: Christina Turner, Chief of Staff; Celine Mangan, Director of Membership Advancement & Engagement
- Tiffini Grimes, Deputy Director of Athletics/Senior Woman Administrator/Chief Diversity Officer, University of Alabama, DI-FBS SEC Conference
- Angela Marin, Associate Athletic Director/Senior Woman Administrator/Director of Compliance, DIII American Southwest Conference
- Shannon Strahl, Senior Associate Director of Athletics-Compliance & Student Services/SWA, Gonzaga University, DI West Coast Conference
- Natasha Wilson, VP for Student Life and Athletics, Central Methodist University, NAIA Heart of America Athletic Conference
- Merlene Aitken-Smith, Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance & Student Services/SWA, Clayton State University, DII Peach Belt Conference
- Binh Nguyen, Associate Director of Academic and Membership Affairs, NCAA - Organization
- Alicia English, Assistant A.D for Revenue Enhancement, Kennesaw State University, DI-FCS Big South Conference