National Convention Local Organizing Committee
Behind every Women Leaders in College Sports National Convention is a dedicated Local Organizing Committee (LOC) representative of Women Leaders members from surrounding universities, colleges, conference offices, and affiliated organizations.
The LOC is charged with assisting the Women Leaders team with local contacts and volunteers, but more importantly they make it a FUN event, giving Women Leaders members an experience to remember highlighting the best each local city has to offer!
Other duties include:
Input and selection of key note speakers—emphasis on local industry leaders, experts, business executives, etc.
- Input on power panel and breakout session topics and speakers
- Feedback on new programming ideas
Welcome reception venue suggestions and planning
- Board of Directors & LOC dinner venue selection
- Videographer and DJ suggestions
- Volunteer recruitment
- Provide local vendor contacts (transportation, florist, etc.)
- Group Dinners
- Tour Coordination
Solicitation of items for welcome bags
- Solicitation of auction items
- Assistance with local media coverage and event press release distribution
Committee Information & Requirements
Busy time: June-October
- Familiarity with host city
- Up to three (3) members per institution will be selected to serve on the LOC, with some exceptions. Note: There will be plenty of additional volunteer opportunities during the event to engage and involve others on staff.
2020 Women Leaders in College Sports National Convention Committee Members
Board Liaison: Jacqie McWilliams, Commissioner, Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA)
Staff Liason: Kaila'Shea Menendez, Director of Leadership Programming & Events