Education and Professional Development Committee
The Education and Professional Development Committee assists the national office with the educational and professional development components for current and future Women Leaders' events. The Chair of the Education and Professional Development Committee is appointed by the President from among current Board members.
When appropriate, develops new ideas serving the needs of all segments of the Women Leaders membership.
- Provides information concerning professional development initiatives for the Women Leaders membership communications.
- Researches and suggests speakers for association events.
- Coordinates with other committees to ensure promotion of education events.
- Enhances existing education and professional development opportunities.
Qualifications for Committee Members
Committee members must have attended at least one (1) Women Leaders Leadership Institute. Have a creative vision with good organizational skills, while having the willingness to give time, energy, talent and enthusiasm to get the job done.
Monthly one hour calls will take place starting in January 2019. All call dates will be determined by the committee chair (January-August). Other commitments may include: project execution and follow up, and attendance at association events when requested or appropriate.
2020 Committee Members
Board of Directors Liaison: Adrianne Swinney, Chief Operating Officer/SWA, University of Connecticut, DI FBS & Etienne Thomas, Director of Athletics, Winston-Salem State University, DII
Member Chair: Tiffany Tucker, Senior Associate AD/SWA, University of North Carolina Wilmington, DI
Staff Liaison: Kara Hess, Manager of Leadership & Education
- Kristy Bayer, Deputy Director of Athletics, Emporia State University, DII
- Maricela Shukie, Co-Founder, Forward Progress Athletics Consulting
- Kate Bergstrom, Associate Commissioner, Internal Operations, America East Conference, DI
- Lisa Goddard McGuirk, Director of Athletics, Gannon University, DII
- Susan Lipnickey, Associate Athletic Director/SWA, Xavier University, DI
- Andrea Preston, Head WBB Coach/DEI Officer, Goucher College, DIII
- Angie Torain, Senior Associate AD, Compliance, Legal and Risk Management, University of Notre Dame, DI FBS
- Jaunelle White, Senior Associate Athletic Director/SWA, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, DI
- Cricket Lane, Associate AD/Student-Athlete Development, University of North Carolina, DI FBS