The Awards Committee administers the association’s recognition and national awards program by researching and soliciting nominations from the membership and then recommending selections to the Board for approval.
The Awards Committee assists in gathering nominations from the membership for the Promising Professional Award, Rising Star Award, Commitment Award, Administrator of the Year Award, Nell Jackson Administrator of the Year Award, and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Solicit nominations from membership and affiliate organizations in all award categories.
- Be sensitive to the diversity of all award candidates.
- Rank nominees via voting ballot for selection.
Qualifications for Committee Members
Committee members should:
Be actively engaged in Women Leaders in College Sports programs;
- Actively participate and be aware of association members and activities;
- Understand the importance of this committee and its role in enhancing the spirit of the association.
Note: members of this committee are not eligible to win an award during years of committee service.
Committee meetings are via conference call, as needed, and are typically one hour in length. Busy time is February through July.
2021 Awards Committee Members
Committee Chair: Natasha Oakes, Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director, Compliance, Senior Woman Administrator and Chief Diversity Officer, University of North Texas
Board Liaison: Etienne Thomas, Director of Athletics, Winston-Salem State University
Staff Liaison: Kaila'Shea Menendez, Director of Leadership Programming & Events
- Marquita Armstead, Senior Associate Director of Athletics/Senior Woman Administrator/Chief of Diversity and Inclusion, University of South Florida
- Laurie Bollig, Director of Membership Engagement, CoSIDA
- Peggy Carl, Director of Athletics, Mansfield University
- Megan Conrath, Director of Operations, University of Oregon
- Jennifer Flowers, Vice President and Women's League Commissioner, Western Collegiate Hockey Association
- Angie Jabir, Deputy Athletics Director and Senior Woman Administrator, Lynn University
- Genese Lavalais, Director for Athletics Academic Support/Life Skills, Hampton University
- Binh Nguyen, Director of Academic and Membership Affairs, NCAA
- Sherese Parker, Director of Intercollegiate and Intramural Athletics, Kennedy King College
- Chelsea Petersen, Assistant Athletic Director for External Relations, Washington University in St. Louis
- Brooke Williams, Director of Athletic Compliance, University of Southern California