Director of Football Student Services
University of Wisconsin
Full Time - Experienced
Commensurate with experience
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Football Administration, this position will assist in recruiting new student-athletes to campus and serve as the academic spokesperson for Wisconsin Football at all recruiting events and in meeting with prospective student-athletes and families.
* Serve as primary liaison between current and prospective student-athletes (PSA), high schools/counselors, the UW Football Staff and the UW Academic Services staff
* In accordance with permissible NCAA rules, educate recruits/guests on visits to campus about the relationship to both the NCAA and UW standard
* Work directly with counselors/recruits/parents to help create a pathway to being eligible and admissible to the UW and monitor and track academic progress of recruits including interpretation of information and comparing to UW Admissions standards
* Liaison for all offered and committed recruits to Academic Services and Compliance as it relates to UW Admissions, Financial Aid, Housing, and NCAA Eligibility Center
* Liaison to Career & Leadership and Inclusion & Engagement services
* Enhance the program's relations with campus and community partners
* Analyze the consequences of the department and team's academic policies and advise key stakeholders of critical issues, policies, procedures, and academic deadlines related to football student-athletes
* Daily interaction with the Athletic Department Academic Services Office, who serves as the liaison to the UW-Madison Admissions Office regarding potential student athletes
* Serve as the primary liaison between the Academic Services Department and the UW Athletic Department Senior Staff liaison to the Dean of Students Office as appropriate
* Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and Executive Director of Football Administration
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison dedicates itself to the mission of providing athletic opportunities to a wide range of students in an environment in which all student-athletes can achieve their academic and competitive goals. The Division strives to provide equitable opportunities for all student-athletes and fosters the principles of sportsmanship, respect and fair play on the field of play. The Division sponsors teams in 23 sports (12 women, 11 men) competing under the regulatory guidelines established by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Big Ten Conference, the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) and the Intercollegiate Rowing Association (IRA).
UW-Madison is located in the heart of Madison which is the state capital and the state's second largest city. Madison has a solid and long standing national reputation as a vibrant and thriving city.
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by 11:55 p.m. CDT, on the assured consideration date. To apply, please complete the online application here: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/501010/director-of-football-student-services
and attach a cover letter referencing your qualifications and experience, a comprehensive resume as well as the current contact information for three professional references.