Graduate Student Leader, Marketing
California State University Bakersfield
Commensurate with experience
Bachelor's Degree in related field
2019-20 Marketing and Fan Experience Graduate Student Leader
California State University, Bakersfield is seeking two graduate assistants for the marketing department during the 2019-20 academic year. The position involves assisting the CSUB Marketing and Communications departments with increasing attendance at home events and creating a positive gameday atmosphere and fan experience. This position will primarily focus on marketing and in-game experience, but the selected candidate will have opportunities to volunteer in other areas throughout the department as desired. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
• Assist in developing and executing marketing plans for ticketed sports that focuses on driving attendance and fan engagement
• Work directly with Learfield IMG staff to incorporate sponsorship elements to in-game production and scripting
• In game production of ticketed sports including: scripting, in-venue music, video board, promotions, fan engagement
• Assist in the coordination of all digital and print advertising
• Promote teams and events on all relevant social media platforms
• Assist in creating game programs, schedule posters and other support collateral
• Attend photo/video shoots and coordinate needed content for schedule posters, advertising, in venue production, and social media
• Athletics website updates as needed
• Graphic design experience is a must
Qualifications & Desired Attributes
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree and currently be enrolled or eligible for enrollment in a graduate degree program at CSUB. Employment is contingent upon admission and enrollment in the graduate program. As a condition for retention, the GA must remain in good academic standing within the graduation program. Ideal candidates are highly sociable, outgoing, and energetic. Must be willing to work nights and weekends. Applicants able to arrive early for summer enrollment or to volunteer summer hours are highly desired.
The recipient of this position will receive a tuition scholarship award, applicable to campus educational balances. Any remaining assistance will be received as a monthly stipend check. Out of state applicants may be eligible for a tuition waiver, but will be responsible for any out of state fees should they be ineligible for the waiver.
How to Apply
Please email resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should be a short summary of why you feel this position may be a fit for you and what you will be looking to get out of this experience.