Associate/Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
College of the Holy Cross
Full Time - Experienced
Commensurate with experience
Locations: Worcester, MA
Posted: Apr 12, 2019
Closes: Open Until Filled
Assist with all facets of NCAA Division I women's basketball program by recruiting qualified prospective student-athletes, providing skill instruction to student-athletes, and preparing team for competition and practice.
Associate coach must perform duties in compliance with all College, Patriot League, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Major Areas of Responsibility
• Supports management of team academically and athletically. Tracks student-athlete academic progress; organizes and conducts practice activities. Prepares team and opponent video analysis; and maintains records as required.
• Evaluates and recruits student-athletes. Identifies talented, academically qualified prospective student-athletes and effectively communicates with coaches, prospects and parents.
• Respects department's commitment to excellence, integrity, respect and leadership. Collaborates with head coach to develop annual goals for program. Attends workshops, training sessions and meetings as required by the College and the conference.
• Assist with fundraising, marketing and promotional activities, administration of sports camps and/or clinics, and other duties as directed by head coach and/or Athletics Administration.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Previous coaching experience required, preferably at the Division I level.
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
• Computer and video editing skills strongly encouraged.
This is a full time, exempt level position.
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic, undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,000 students. Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered arboretum.
Worcester is a city of approximately 170,000 people centrally located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational opportunities.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position has been filled.
The College of the Holy Cross is a highly selective Catholic liberal arts college in the Jesuit tradition. It enrolls about 3,000 students and is located in a medium-sized city 45 miles west of Boston. The College seeks faculty members whose scholarship, teaching, advising, and on- and off-campus service demonstrate commitment to the educational benefits of a richly diverse community. Holy Cross aspires to meet the needs of dual-career couples, in part through its membership in Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (http://www.heccma.org) and the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (https://new-england.hercjobs.org/)
ABOUT COLLEGE OF THE HOLY CROSS:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,000 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members, students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work supports the College's mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion.
For more information, please visit:
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1438450