Head Softball Coach
Full Time - Experienced
Bachelor's degree required
Head Softball Coach
Lafayette College is currently seeking a Head Softball Coach. The position is a full-time (12 months) administrative appointment with a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Direct and coordinate the planning, organizing and coaching of the Lafayette College softball team.
• Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes at Lafayette.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of the softball staff to include the planning, organizing and coaching of the women’s softball team; ensure compliance with
College, Patriot League and NCAA policies and regulations.
• Direct the softball staff in the preparation of analyses of opponent teams; analyze game statistics and tactical data of opponents and prepare game plans accordingly.
• Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters; consult with College administration and faculty for resolution of problems as required.
• Assign and supervise the softball staff in the recruitment of new players; determine recipients of athletic scholarship.
• Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
• Direct various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
• Study, evaluate and implement innovations in softball strategy and equipment.
• Work closely with Sports Medicine for the care and prevention of athletic injuries and support the overall drug and alcohol education program for student-athletes.
• Represent the Lafayette College Department of Athletics in professional, civic, charity and alumni events.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred).
• Minimum of five years of previous head and/or assistant collegiate coaching experience preferred.
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Lafayette College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment, as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable laws and College policies.
Interested applicants may send a letter of application indicating the exact position, resume and list of at least three references to be sent tohttp://apply.interfolio.com/42665
Interested in posting a job with us? Click here!