Head Men’s and Women’s Volleyball Coach
College of Mount Saint Vincent
Founded by the Sisters of Charity of New York, the College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, independent liberal arts college. Committed to the Catholic tradition and ecumenism, the College combines a strong core curriculum with a full array of majors in the liberal arts and, within the tradition of liberal education, selected professional fields of study. The Department of Athletics seeks to provide a student’s education that extends beyond knowledge, skills and preparation for work. We seek the development of the whole person. In the spirit of Vincent de Paul and Elizabeth Ann Seton, the Department of Athletics believes that building relationships and respect for others will lead to team unity, cohesiveness, confidence and better human relations. We seek to foster an understanding of our common humanity, a commitment to human dignity, and a full appreciation of our obligations to each other. The Men’s and Women's Volleyball coach is responsible for providing leadership, organization and administration of the Men’s and Women’s Volleyball program. This is a part-time position.
• Provides leadership and supervision in all aspects of the both men’s and women’s volleyball program including, recruitment, retention, academic support, practice preparation, game strategy, alumni development, fundraising and community service
• Recruitment of student athletes who meet the College's admission requirements. Meets annual recruitment goals as developed annually by the Director of Athletics
• Coordinate and outline a complete recruiting agenda to identify quality student athletes. This should include names of players, high school visits, coaching contacts, personal contacts, attendance at showcases and tournaments, telephone and email contacts and campus visits
• Mandatory attendance at all Admission open houses and scheduled orientations
• Ensures compliance with all College, Skyline Conference and NCAA rules and regulations related to recruiting and academic monitoring for student-athletes
• Collaborates with the Sports Information Director for the positive promotion of the men’s volleyball program. Areas included should be individual and team statistics, media guides, reports to NCAA, Skyline Conference, individual accolades on and off the field and website updates
• Ensures department and College regulations are understood by and complied with by student athletes and coaching staff
• Work closely with the Athletics Department in any fundraising activities that will directly impact the men’s and women’s volleyball program or the department in general
• Represent the College at athletics meetings pertaining to volleyball; including Skyline Conference meetings and AVCA coaches convention
• Coordinate a minimum of two (2) community outreach projects for the promotion of CMSV athletics
• Develop an annual operating budget and oversee the purchasing, distribution and collection of all equipment
• Display a commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and ethical conduct as per the NCAA Constitution
• Works closely with Director of Athletics on long and short-term planning for the men’s volleyball program
• Supervises and trains the Assistant Volleyball Coach and team manager
Qualifications and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization
• Knowledge of NCAA, conference and College rules and regulations
• Previous successful coaching and playing experience on the College or High School level
• Ability to work effectively with all College personnel, students, and the community
• Evening and weekend hours essential
• Must have a valid driver's license
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process. Applicants must include a letter of application, resume and contact information for at least three references. Please send all application materials by email to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the College of Mount Saint Vincent, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested in posting a job with us? Click here!