Financial Aid Coordinator
University of North Texas
Full Time - Experienced
Commensurate with experience
The University of North Texas (UNT) is seeking to hire a Financial Aid Coordinator in the Athletics department. This position coordinates the day-to-day financial aid compliance activities to meet NCAA, Conference USA, and University of North Texas requirements. This position also assists the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance in drafting and submitting waivers and violations to the Conference USA office and the NCAA, when appropriate. This position may provide supervision to interns and student assistants. Position will coordinate all financial-aid related activities for student-athletes and will be responsible for:
* Athletics liaison for campus Office of Financial Aid, Student Accounting, Bookstore, Dining Commons, Housing and International Student Services.
* Athletics liaison for NCAA, Conference USA and NLI Financial aid issues.
* Lead contact for all student-athlete scholarship allocations, including tuition, room and board, textbooks, supplies, cost of attendance.
* Manages system for tracking and distribution of student-athlete, post-eligibility and auxiliary student athletics aid awards during the academic year, winter and summer sessions.
* Assists with usage request, approval, and reporting of Student Assistance Funds in conjunction with the Athletics CFO.
* Report all athletics aid awards to the Financial Aid Office to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations before disbursement.
* Implement the NLI program in accordance with the National Letter of Intent and NCAA regulations.
* Prepare, verify and distribute all athletics aid agreements in accordance with Institutional, Conference and NCAA regulations.
* Regularly prepare multiple reports for Athletics Department Senior Administration review. Prepare projections and financial-aid reports directly for the athletics CFO.
* Maintain, update and correct all financial aid information in compliance assistant (CA).
* Monitor and record all student-athlete outside financial aid. To manage equivalency calculations and COA.
* Serve as liaison to international student-athletes and assist with communication and organization of international insurance and tax matters.
* Coordinate and assign all on-campus housing for scholarship and walk-on student-athletes during the academic year, vacation period and summer.
* In conjunction with the athletics CFO, coordinate student-athlete meal plans and training table deductions during the academic year, vacation period and summer.
* Maintain and update financial aid/student services information on all Compliance Office forms, policies, manuals/handbooks and website.
* Assist in NCAA, Conference, academic performance rate, gender equity and Department of Education financial aid reporting in conjunction with the athletic business office.
* Research NCAA rules and provide coaches and staff with interpretations. Work within Conference USA and NCAA to obtain official rules interpretations as needed.
* Works to uphold the integrity of the NCAA, Conference USA and Athletic Department's mission and core values.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
Applicant must submit application online.
Interested in posting a job with us? Click here!