Executive Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs/ Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs/ Deputy Athletics Director for External Affairs
University of Texas, San Antonio
San Antonio, TX
Full Time - Experienced
Commensurate with experience
1. Provides leadership for and coordinates responsibilities of the external affairs staff.
2. As manager for the community relations staff, oversees the creation of community relations strategies and serves as a visible member of the public relations department to develop cooperative relationships with business contacts, public officials and investors to maintain the department’s reputation, while paving the way for future business partnerships and opportunities.
3. Oversees the department’s community relations program, including identification and prioritization of primary constituency groups (students, faculty/staff, alumni, youth, business, political, military, senior citizens, etc.); develops and executes business plans designed to reach and secure support from key constituency groups; and directs coordination of relations with faculty/staff, political and alumni groups.
4. Oversees department efforts to enhance the department’s public image and brand.
5. Serves as a sport administrator for designated sports to be assigned by the Vice President for Athletics.
6. Represents the Vice President for Athletics when designated.
7. Complies with NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
8. Performs additional duties as assigned by the Vice President for Athletics.
-UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
-UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
-This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
-Applicants who are selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they are eligible and qualified to work in the United States by time of hire.
-At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may be closed once a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.
-Based on management’s assessment of applicant qualifications, position will be filled with one of the appropriate titles.
Please apply online at https://jobs.utsa.edu/postings/9048
Interested in posting a job with us? Click here!