Director of Physical Education & Athletics
Lewis & Clark College
Full Time - Experienced
Commensurate with experience
The Director of Physical Education and Athletics (AD) will lead a program that ensures Athletic excellence and challenges and develops the physical, mental, and personal abilities of student-athletes for nineteen (19) varsity sports. The AD supervises the Varsity Athletic Coaches as well as the Physical Education, and Intramural Sports programs and is responsible for ensuring broad participation and engagement in sports and activities of our Lewis and Clark.
The close date for receiving applications is August 26, 2019. Review of applications will begin after August 31, 2019.
What You'll Do
Management and Leadership:
* Provides leadership and strategic direction with a focus on Lewis & Clark College's culture, mission and vision.
* Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
* Identify the educational needs of others, develop formal educational or training programs or classes, and teach or instruct others.
* Provide guidance and direction to team members, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
* Coordinate work and activities of team members.
* Establish long-range objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve them.
* Directly hire, terminate, performance manage, and mentor an effective athletic team.
Budget and Revenue Generation:
* Review and track complex budgets to ensure alignment.
* In partnership with the Dean of Students, generate revenues to help enhance the costs of the intercollegiate athletic program.
* Develop strategies and metrics to generate revenue commitments.
* Develop strategic plan to secure increased revenue commitments.
* Meet mutually agreed upon performance goals.
* Through collaboration with colleagues, volunteers, administrative leaders and faculty, ensure unified, coordinated outreach that will maximize fundraising productivity and further key institutional priorities.
Compliance and Safety:
* Ensure compliance of NCAA rules and regulations.
* Thorough knowledge of Athletic administration at the NCAA Division III level.
* Provide leadership and vision to guide and develop the intercollegiate athletic program in a manner that commensurate with the mission and vision of the College.
* Lead a program that challenges and develops the physical, mental, and personal abilities of student-athletes.
* Lead the College's effort to achieve gender equity and reach diversity goals in all programmatic efforts.
* Commitment and understanding of diversity, gender equality, and equal opportunity issues.
Recruitment and Retention of Student-Athletes:
* Serve as a liaison between the athletic coaching staff and the Admissions staff.
* Recruit quality student-athletes who fit the academic profile of the student body.
* Attend off-campus games for the purpose of evaluation and contact.
* Plan campus visits with prospective student-athletes and their parents.
* External Constituency management
* Bachelor's degree
* 7 years experience in athletics, higher education, or related field
Nice to Haves
* Master's degree
* 10 or more years of experience in athletics, higher education, or related field
* 37.5 hours per week
* Benefits Eligible: Yes
* Commensurate with experience
* The job works primarily at a desk or is otherwise involved in activities requiring little lifting, climbing or working in tiring positions
* Standing, driving, sitting, walking, repetitive hand movements (e.g., typing), seeing, talking, hearing
Learn more about Lewis & Clark here!
Apply online here!