Director - Athletics Information Technology
Texas Tech University
Full Time - Experienced
Commensurate with experience
Mater's in MIS, Computer Science
Directs, plans, coordinates and supervises the operation and activities of a specialized unit or small department; develops and implements policies and procedures, administers the budget, organizes tasks and sets priorities. Serves as liaison with university personnel and community at large. Works under general supervision with broad latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Texas Tech Athletics is seeking qualified applicants to serve in Information Technology as the Director of Athletics Information Technology. Please see the information below for more details about the position and how to apply.
• Direct and Manage all information technology activities for the Intercollegiate Athletics Department; oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to established goals, customer expectations, and Athletic Department and University mission and strategies.
• Devise, establish, and communicate IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
• Provide directions for technical leadership, interface with systems development, DBA, network, security, and operations.
• Analyze the business requirements of all departments and key leaders in the department to determine their technology and business intelligence needs.
• Purchase (and/or suggest purchase) of efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software that is most appropriate and agile to allow Athletic Department employees to carry out their duties with the maximum potential for success.
• Delegate responsibilities and specific duties to appropriate personnel. Insure delegated duties are performed satisfactorily and with the best possible customer service.
• Identify ways to improve and/or upgrade services, configurations, new systems and increase efficiency - and report such to management. Direct software/hardware planning and evaluation, configuration installation, capacity planning, acquisition, tuning and performance of O/S, systems mgmt. tools and related software components.
• Ensure compliance with all central campus IT policies and standards.
• Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency from staff, coaches, and student athletes.
• Develop blueprint for future state architecture, including data & infrastructure to support cross-functional needs, specific requirements and vendor selection criteria. Technology needs to be simple enough to solve for today, but robust enough to enable growth, in terms of data, customers, stores and markets.
• Keep abreast of new technology and serve as technical consultant to the department providing assistance, information, suggestions and recommendations on departmental information technology matters.
• Continue with the development, implementation, and testing of a robust reporting and business intelligence platform specific for the Athletic Department - including HR, Financial, and Business reporting and dashboards.
• Comply with all NCAA, Big 12 and Texas Tech University rules, regulations and policies. Position Description Directs, plans, coordinates and supervises the operation and activities of a specialized unit or small department; develops and implements policies and procedures, administers the budget, organizes tasks and sets priorities. Serves as liaison with university personnel and community at large. Works under general supervision with broad latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Texas Tech University offers a great benefits/retirement package!
1. Apply online at http://www.workattexastech.com
; enter via STAFF portal and search for req#ID 15257
2. Shortcut URL: https://bit.ly/2Qv4Wwq
3. Required Attachments: Resume & Cover Letter
4. If you should need assistance with the application process, please contact Texas Tech University, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 806.742.3851.
Interested in posting a job with us? Click here!