University of Missouri-Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Full Time - Entry Level
Kansas City Athletics is looking for an experienced Academic Advisor to join their department. Successful applicants will be detail oriented problem solvers, who can maintain confidentiality and be flexible in a busy environment where assignments and priorities can change quickly. This person must have a professional demeanor, strong initiative, and a positive, can-do attitude. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Advise student-athletes on academic course selection to assist in satisfying UMKC and NCAA degree progress
- Work collaboratively with primary academic unit advisors to support student-athlete academic progress and degree completion
- Meet with student-athlete recruits to discuss academic services and university curriculum policies
- Assist in daily operations of student tutorial program including supervising, hiring, and training student tutors and academic mentors
- Coordinate student-athlete study hall, monitor attendance, and prepare weekly study hall reports for coaches
- Assist in the student-athlete mentoring and at-risk program
- Meet with at-risk student athletes individually and monitor academic progress, assist in the academic development of at-risk student athletes by implementing structured support programming
- Arrange athletic academic and campus support services for student-athletes to promote/encourage use of campus tutoring and support services to all students
- Communicate with faculty, athletics administration, coaches and student-athletes regarding academic progress
- Track student-athlete academic eligibility (in collaboration with Assistant Director of Academic Support, Deputy Athletics Director/SWA) within NCAA policies, WAC Conference, and UMKC requirements
- Assist with Student-Athlete Development and Student Athlete Advisory Committee
- Assist in developing leadership and career ready programming for student-athletes
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Academic Support and Deputy Athletics Director/SWA
Located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri, Kansas City Athletics is the only Division I program in the area. For more information, go to kcroos.com.
UMKC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about UMKC, go to umkc.edu.
To apply go to umkc.edu/jobs, click Staff Positions, then click View jobs, and search for Job ID 31554. The title is Intercollegiate Athletics - Academic Advisor, 75242.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
Application deadline is October 27, 2019.