Senior Associate Director of Athletics
Full Time - Experienced
The Senior Associate Director of Athletics will assist with administering all elements of varsity athletics, physical education and recreation at Tufts University. This position will be responsible for management of day-to-day operations of the department and will support the Director of Athletics in overall leadership of the department. This position will manage operational units within the department and the coaching staff and operations for multiple varsity sports.
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
• Five years of experience in intercollegiate athletics administration or equivalent.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Master's degree in related discipline.
• Prior leadership experience in intercollegiate athletics.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Ability to develop positive working relationships with students, faculty, staff and the larger university community.
• Demonstrated competency in setting and achieving program objectives, working independently and supervising others.
• Commitment to compliance with all university, NESCAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
Tufts University is a member of the Division III National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC). Tufts students participate in 30 varsity sports, 20 club sports and a number of intramural sports.
Tufts Athletics oversees the Physical Education Department, which offers various for-credit physical fitness courses, and the Personalized Performance Program for students, staff, and faculty. The department manages all athletics facilities including the state of the art Steve Tisch Sports & Fitness Center, which opened in 2012.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement. (http://oeo.tufts.edu/non-discrimination-statement/