University of North Dakota
Grand Forks, ND
Full Time - Experienced
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Status: $40,000, Annual, Salaried, Benefited, Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage, dental, vision, life insurance retirement plans, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave, EAP and more.
Position Details: Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The University of North Dakota Athletics Department is seeking applicants for a Compliance Coordinator/Director of Compliance.
The Compliance Coordinator/Director of Compliance will provide guidance to the UND community with regard to NCAA rules, regulations and standards which mandate integrity and fair play in Athletics.
- Provide assistance to the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance to educate, support, monitor, and enforce NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist Associate Athletics Director with monitoring and certification for initial eligibility and continuing eligibility in regards to practice, financial aid and competition.
- Coordinate all facets of the National Letter of Intent program, and departmental grant-in-aid offers to prospective student-athletes, as well as monitoring all aspects of student-athlete financial aid.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of an effective athletic compliance monitoring system. This includes playing and practice, recruiting, amateurism, etc.
- Approve prospective student-athlete official visits and monitor all official and unofficial prospective student-athlete visits
- Supervise intern program.
- Report any and all violations of NCAA and conference legislation to appropriate entities.
- Flexibility, efficiency and the ability to meet deadlines for a wide variety of assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a commitment to NCAA compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations.
- Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student athletes including having a valid driver’s license.
- Will have excellent attention to detail.
- Uses excellent organization and communication skill
- Will work with a diverse group of students, coaches, faculty and staff
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 2 semesters or 1 calendar year experience working in NCAA Athletics Compliance through an internship, graduate assistantship, or full-time employment at an NCAA Division I institution or the NCAA Office
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Successful Completion of Criminal History Background Check.
- Advanced Degree
- Experience with CAi
- Experience with ACS Athletics
- Experience with LSDBi and/or other NCAA systems or software (NCAA RSRO online)
- Experience with Scoutware or Jump Forward
- Experience with Division I Financial Aid and/or NLI program
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and AAO for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
To be considered for this position, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.