Assistant Director Athletic Event & Guest Services
Full Time - Entry Level
Bachelor's degree required
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Create, implement, and monitor comprehensive customer service training for all event staff.
- Hire qualified candidates for the Miami Usher Program.
- Supervise and evaluate roster of ushers, student groups, and external staff.
- Assist in supervision of undergraduate/graduate event management interns in preparation for all events.
- Assume primary sport responsibilities based on knowledge and experience.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of athletic and special events.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving during events.
- Assist with management of department’s finances.
- Responsible for department inventory management.
- Serve as Assistant Facility Supervisor.
- Participate in weekly operations meetings, updating and distributing agendas and minutes.
- Prepare, update and maintain game day management materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong computer literacy in Windows, Excel, Word and Publisher as well as internet functions.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate the following: a strong work ethic; effective time management skills; desire to excel and establish a career in athletics; attention to detail; consistent organization; responsibility, flexibility, and maturity.
- Must possess the ability to: self-motivate; work in a fast-paced environment accept direction and constructive criticism; adapt to change; work on multiple projects; prioritize events and/or circumstances is essential.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- 2 years with event management, customer service, and/or hospitality related experience within the collegiate athletics or a professional sporting organization.
- A graduate degree in sports administration/management or related field
- Previous publication design experience
- Knowledge of NCAA, MAC, and NCHC rules/ regulations, specifically related to event management and camps.
Interested in posting a job with us? Click here!