Nike Lifetime Achievement Award
The Lifetime Achievement Award, presented by Nike, is bestowed annually to administrators and professionals who have dedicated their careers to advancing women in sport. Because of their tireless efforts, girls and women participating in sport can enjoy competitive athletics and/or athletic career opportunities. This award is given to individuals who have rendered meritorious service and have retired from or no longer directly involved in full-time employment in the profession.
Meritorious service is defined as leadership over and above normal duties as expected of an individual, highlighted by the following:
- Active participation and leadership in national organizations (e.g AIAW, NCAA, NJCAA, NAIA);
- Active participation and leadership in professional
organizations such as Women Leaders in College Sports, NACDA, or other
professional organizations deemed appropriate by the selection
- Enhancement of the athletics program at the individual’s institution;
- Enhancement of the relationship between the athletics department and the administration of the individual’s institution;
- Demonstrate a commitment to offering professional and personal expertise and assistance to mentoring athletics administrators, coaches, and student-athletes.
The Lifetime Achievement honorees (up to four) will be recognized at the Women Leaders in College Sports National Convention in the year awarded where they will be recognized during the Nike Lifetime Achievement Luncheon.
Selection: The recipients of the Nike Lifetime Achievement Award will be selected by the Lifetime Achievement sub-committee made up of five former Lifetime Achievement Award recipients and the final slate will be submitted to the Women Leaders in College Sports Board of Directors for approval.
CLICK HERE to see a list of past Lifetime Achievement Award honorees.