Nell Jackson Nike Executive of the Year Award
The Nell Jackson Executive of the Year Award, formerly known as the Nell Jackson Administrator of the Year Award, is presented to Women Leaders in College Sports members and bestowed annually to a senior-level athletics administrator who exemplifies the personal qualities and professional accomplishments of Dr. Nell Jackson. This award is given to an individual who demonstrates qualities such as courage, conviction and perseverance, and who is an advocate for gender equity and diversity. Please note all nominations are welcome, but emphasis will be placed on the achievement of minority women.
Be an active member of Women Leaders in College Sports;
- Be employed full-time as a senior-level athletics administrator at the
institution, national governing organization or conference listed at the
time of nomination;
- Demonstrate the following qualities: leadership, courage, compassion, conviction, tenacity, and vision;
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and gender equity;
- Serve as a positive role model;
- Demonstrate a commitment to the pursuit of excellence;
- Attend the Women Leaders in College Sports National Convention.
The Nell Jackson Executive of the Year honoree will be recognized at the Women Leaders in College Sports National Convention in the year awarded where they will be recognized during the Executive of the Year Luncheon.
Selection: The recipient of the Nell Jackson Executive of the Year Award will be selected by the Women Leaders in College Sports Awards Committee and the final slate will be approved by the Women Leaders in College Sports Board of Directors.
to see a list of past Nell Jackson Executive of the Year Award honorees.