Current Women Leaders member
- Experience and intention to become an athletic director or conference commissioner in the next two to four years
- Current position (with consideration given to varying organizational structures):
- Campus: Senior Associate AD-level or above
- Conference: Senior Associate Commissioner-level or above
- NCAA National Office: Director-level or above
- Minimum of 10-12 years intercollegiate athletics experience preferred
- Recognized or demonstrated ability to lead through any or all of the following:
- Current work role
- Successful completion of professional leadership program
(i.e. Institute for Administrative Advancement, Leadership Enhancement
Institute, NCAA Pathways)
- Skills and experience that will be considered include:
- Sport oversight (revenue sport preferred)
Development (i.e. Associate AD for Development)
- Coaching (previous or current)
- Senior Woman Administrator
- Internal operations (i.e. oversight of business, compliance, academics, facilities)
- External operations (i.e. oversight of marketing, fundraising)
- Staff supervision experience
- Service on senior leadership team
Tuition fees are $1,000 per participant and cover all registration fees. The program Includes::
- 2.5 days of in-person leadership development and coaching, including a comprehensive communication workshop with experts from Dardis Communication.
- 2 nights at the host hotel inclusive of meals and receptions.
- A kick-off prep session for all participants to set the tone for Executive Institute and build connection across the group.
- Two-,virtual follow-up sessions in 2023 that will feature access to sitting Athletic Directors, Commissioners and other industry experts.
- All participants will receive an "Executive Institute Toolkit" with program materials, books and your favorite Women Leader's swag.
Future Event Information
The Executive Institute is held every other year, in "odd" years, and
alternates with the Leadership Enhancement Institute, held in "even"
years. The next Executive Institute will be held in July 2025 in Kansas City, Missouri.
information will be posted as it becomes available. .If you are
interested in supporting scholarships for future Executive Institute
participants, donate here .
Past NCAA/Women Leaders in College Sports Executive Institute graduates have experienced high advancement rates within intercollegiate athletics. Since 2017, 63% of Executive Institute graduates have either advanced or been promoted to senior-level positions, including eleven of which have become athletics directors or commissioners.
Questions? Contact Kara Hess.