Institute for Administrative Advancement
Applications are now closed!
June 15-18, 2020
The NCAA/Women Leaders in College Sports Institute for Administrative Advancement (IAA) is the premier "level one" leadership development program for women in intercollegiate athletics administration. An engaging faculty—including leaders representing all NCAA divisions and pioneers in women's athletics—prepare, empower and inspire participants to become successful administrators and advance within the profession.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
Current Women Leaders in College Sports member
- At least three years of full time intercollegiate athletics administration experience
Currently working in athletics or desires to move into athletics administration
Able to attend the entire week of the Institute
- Improve work skills specific to athletic administration (fundraising, sports supervision, crisis management).
- Develop strategies to determine your path toward career advancement.
- Create a new accountability network of women who will support you in your career path.
- Self exploration to discover the best version of professional- and personal-self.
Application & Selection Process
Applications for the 2020 programs will open on Monday, January 13, 2020 and close on Monday, February 10, 2020. Applications will be reviewed by the Women Leaders in College Sports Education & Professional Development Committee and selections are made based on ensuring diversity in age, administrative duties, division and ethnicity. About 45 participants are selected to attend each NCAA/Women Leaders in College Sports IAA location for a total of 90 annually.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application the week of March 30, 2020.
Tuition fees are $150 per participant and includes:
- a combined IAA East and West program with participants from across the nation
- 4-days of virtual programming featuring leadership content from industry experts
- small group assignment to build connections, engage in discussion and maintain accountability before and after the institute
- one-on-one mentor match within the industry
- a virtual community dedicated to this group to utilize before, during and after the institute
- full day in-person program on the front end of the National Convention, Saturday October 10th in Boston.
With your $150.00 tuition you will also receive a $475.00 Convention registration waiver to attend the National Convention, October 11-13, 2020 at NO CHARGE and $100.00 travel allowance!
Thanks to the generous support of the NCAA and Women Leaders in College Sports Foundation Fund, multiple IAA scholarships will be awarded. Recipients will be notified the week of March 30, 2020.
Registration cancellations must be received in writing by May 11, 2020. Refunds will be processed within 30 days following the event. Refunds will not be granted after those dates nor will they be given for no-shows, no exceptions.
Questions? Contact Kara Hess.