Current Women Leaders member
- Experience and intention to become an athletic director or conference commissioner in the next two to four years
- Current position (with consideration given to varying organizational structures):
- Campus: Senior Associate AD-level or above
- Conference: Senior Associate Commissioner-level or above
- NCAA National Office: Director-level or above
- Minimum of 10-12 years intercollegiate athletics experience preferred
- Recognized or demonstrated ability to lead through any or all of the following:
- Current work role
- Successful completion of professional leadership program
(i.e. Institute for Administrative Advancement, Leadership Enhancement
Institute, NCAA Pathways)
- Skills and experience that will be considered include:
- Sport oversight (revenue sport preferred)
Development (i.e. Associate AD for Development)
- Coaching (previous or current)
- Senior Woman Administrator
- Internal operations (i.e. oversight of business, compliance, academics, facilities)
- External operations (i.e. oversight of marketing, fundraising)
- Staff supervision experience
- Service on senior leadership team
Tuition fees are $1,000 per participant and cover all registration fees, three nights of lodging, and meal expenses. Travel to Kansas City is not included.
Future Event Information
The Executive Institute is held every other year, in "odd" years, and
alternates with the Leadership Enhancement Institute, held in "even"
years. The next Executive Institute will be held in July 2021 in Kansas City, Missouri.
information will be posted as it becomes available.If you are
interested in supporting scholarships for future Executive Institute
participants, donate here .
NCAA/Women Leaders in College Sports Executive Institute graduates
have experienced very high advancement rates within intercollegiate
athletics. From the 2015 and 2017 Executive Institute graduates, eleven
have become athletic directors.
Questions? Contact Christina, email@example.com.