Women of Color Initiative Committee
The Women of Color Initiative Committee assists Women Leaders’ efforts to increase exposure for women of color broadly across the industry, raise awareness of the barriers women of color experience and assist in building more inclusive communities of excellence.
Working alongside the national office, this committee will help promote, share resources, and actively participate in the Women of Color Community platform for members to connect, advocate for one another, and address issues specific to women of color.
- Identify issues specific to women of color and develop strategies to serve the needs of members through all components of the Women of Color Initiative
- Increase awareness
and involvement in the Women of Color Initiative
- Assist Women Leaders staff in planning and ideating for Women of Color Initiative events
- Actively engage in the Women of Color Community
- When appropriate, assist with facilitating and promoting Women of Color Chats and Women of Color Wednesday Calls
Qualifications for Committee Members
Committee members should:
- Currently be engaged in the WOC Initiative
- Exhibit a passion and enthusiasm for equality and advancement of women of color
- Dedicated to supporting positive change for Black and Brown communities
- Serve as an advocate and ally for marginalized groups
Committee calls are typically one hour in length and help approximately once every two months. Additionally, weekly engagement in the Women of Color Community is needed throughout the year.
2021 Committee Members
Board of Directors Liaison: TBD
Member Chair: TBD
Staff Liaison: Kaila'Shea Menendez, Director of Leadership Programming & Events