Women of Color Commitment
Women Leaders in College Sports is committed to the access, inclusion, advancement, and retention of women of color in college sports and beyond. The Women of Color Initiative was born from our organizational commitment to provide a platform for Women Leaders members to connect, address issues specific to women of color, and support one another. The programming from that initiative is now infused into everything we do.
The goal of our commitment to women of color is to:
- Broadly increase their exposure across the industry;
- Raise awareness of the barriers women of color experience;
- Assist in building more inclusive communities of excellence;
- And expand the pipeline of women of color working in sport.
We infuse our commitment to women of color into our member services and benefits. We are intentional about programming, education and, engaging women of color as speakers, institute faculty and participants, podcast guests, scholarship recipients, and much more.
In 2022, women of color were...
- 45% of women hired into athletic director and commissioner positions
- 47% of scholarship recipients
- 31% of annual award recipients
- 46% of women leaders podcast guests
- 27% of participants in our Institutes
- 300 Circle Members
In 2022, to further support this commitment, Women Leaders is launching a Women of Color member Circle. The purpose of this affinity group (a virtual community) is to enhance engagement among Women of Color and allies through regular connection, education, and a supportive community. The Women of Color Circle thrives on member engagement—it is an open and inclusive space where individuals can support one another, share resources and be empowered to make positive changes in their organizations and more broadly. This Circle is your space and community, and we encourage you engage and lean on this group as you navigate your career journey.
The Women of Color Circle and annual programming are supported in part by Morgan Stanley, the industry leader in promoting multicultural leadership opportunities and empowering women.