The Nominating Committee is elected by the membership and consists of at least eight active members in addition to the Chair. It is the duty of this committee to nominate one candidate for the office of President-Elect, no more than two candidates for each open position on the Board of Directors, and a slate of candidates for open positions on the Nominating Committee. The Chair of the Nominating Committee is appointed by the President from among current Board members. The President and Chief Executive Officer serve as ex-officio members of the committee.
Members of the Nominating Committee will serve one, two-year term, with four members elected in even years and four elected in odd years. Members will be eligible for re-election to a second, two-year term before rotating off the committee for at least two years.
Solicits and recruits members interested in serving on the Board of Directors, the Nominating Committee or the office of President.
- Finalizes a slate for review by the Board of Directors for one candidate for the office of President-Elect, no more than two candidates for each open position on the Board of Directors and a slate of candidates for open positions on the Nominating Committee.
Qualifications for Committee Members
Awareness of association leaders to be considered.
Committee meetings of an hour each (frequency determined by chair); various administration and communication activities.
2019 Committee Members
Board of Directors Liaison: Kelley Kish, Director of Athletics, Lake Erie College - DII Midwest Athletic Conference
Staff Liaison: Christina Turner, Chief of Staff
- Merlene Aitken-Smith, Assistant Athletic Director of Compliance & Student Services/SWA, Clayton State University - DII Peach Belt Conference
- Colleen Cannon, Assistant Director of Compliance / SWA, Limestone College - DII Conference Carolinas
- Alicia English, Assistant Athletic Director, Abilene Christian University - DI Southland Conference
- Resa Lovelace, Director of Student-Athlete Development, University of Oregon - DI-FBS Pac-12 Conference
- Julia Martin, Chief of Staff/Coordinator of Athletics Strategies and Engagement, College of William & Mary - DI Colonial Athletic Association
- Angel Mason, Senior Associate Athletic Director, Pomona-Pitzer Colleges - DIII Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
- Angie Morenz, Dean of Work, Blackburn College - DIII St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
- Binh Nguyen, NCAA - Organization