The Nominating Committee consists of nine active members nominated by the membership and selected by the Board of Directors. It is the duty of this committee to prepare a slate consisting of three candidates for open positions on the Board of Directors and three candidates for open positions on the Nominating Committee. Lastly, the Nominating Committee will forward its final slate along with all other nominees’ names to the Board of Directors for final selection of candidates to appoint to the Board of Directors and Nominating Committee.
Unless otherwise noted, committee members shall serve no more than a three-year term. No individual shall serve more than one consecutive term in the same office. Filling an unexpired term due to a vacancy shall not constitute a term.
Solicits and recruits members interested in serving on the Board of Directors and the Nominating Committee.
- Finalizes a slate consisting of three candidates for open positions on the Board of Directors and three candidates for open positions on the Nominating Committee.
Qualifications for Committee Members
Awareness of association leaders to be considered.
Committee meetings of an hour each (frequency determined by chair); various administration and communication activities.
2021 Committee Members
Board of Directors Liaison: Kelley Kish, Senior Associate AD for Business and Finance/SWA, Winthrop University (DI)
Staff Liaisons: Christina Turner, Chief of Staff; TBD, Director of Membership Advancement & Engagement
- Sarah Dehring, Director of Athletics, Alma College (DIII)
- Tiffini Grimes, Deputy Director of Athletics/Senior Woman Administrator/Chief Diversity Officer, University of Alabama (DI-FBS)
- Felicia Johnson, Director of Athletics, Virginia Union University (DII)
- Angela Marin, Associate Athletic Director/SWA/Director of Compliance, The University of Texas as Dallas (DIII)
- Maggie McKinley, Executive Senior Associate Director of Athletics and Senior Woman Administrator, University of Cincinnati (DI-FBS)
- Ashley Reid, Associate Athletics Director/Senior Woman Administrator, The College of Wooster (DIII)
- Shannon Strahl, Senior Associate Director of Athletics-Compliance & Student Services/SWA, Gonzaga University (DI)
- Natasha Wilson, VP for Student Life and Athletics, Central Methodist University (NAIA)