Education and Professional Development Committee
The Education and Professional Development Committee assists the national office with the educational and professional development components for current and future Women Leaders' events. The Chair of the Education and Professional Development Committee is appointed by the President from among current Board members.
When appropriate, develops new ideas serving the needs of all segments of the Women Leaders membership.
- Provides information concerning professional development initiatives for the Women Leaders membership communications.
- Researches and suggests speakers for association events.
- Coordinates with other committees to ensure promotion of education events.
- Enhances existing education and professional development opportunities.
- Review Scholarship evaluations for but not limited to; Women's Leadership Symposium, Institute for Administrative Advancement, WOMEN LEADERS X, etc.
Qualifications for Committee Members
Committee members must have attended at least one (1) Women Leaders Leadership Institute. Have a creative vision with good organizational skills, while having the willingness to give time, energy, talent and enthusiasm to get the job done.
Monthly one hour calls will take place starting in January 2019. All call dates will be determined by the committee chair (January-August). Other commitments may include: project execution and follow up, and attendance at association events when requested or appropriate.
2021 Committee Members
Board of Directors Liaisons: Portia Hoeg, Executive Director, Centennial Conference and Joeleen Akin, Senior Associate AD/Student-Athlete Development/SWA
Member Chair: TBD
Staff Liaison: Kara Hess, Manager of Leadership & Education, Women Leaders in College Sports