Education and Professional Development Committee
The Education and Professional Development Committee assists the national office with the educational and professional development components for current and future Women Leaders' events. The Chair of the Education and Professional Development Committee is appointed by the President from among current Board members.
When appropriate, develops new ideas serving the needs of all segments of the Women Leaders membership.
- Provides information concerning professional development initiatives for the Women Leaders membership communications.
- Researches and suggests speakers for association events.
- Coordinates with other committees to ensure promotion of education events.
- Enhances existing education and professional development opportunities.
Qualifications for Committee Members
Committee members must have attended at least one (1) Women Leaders Leadership Institute. Have a creative vision with good organizational skills, while having the willingness to give time, energy, talent and enthusiasm to get the job done.
Monthly one hour calls will take place starting in January 2019. All call dates will be determined by the committee chair (January-August). Other commitments may include: project execution and follow up, and attendance at association events when requested or appropriate.
2019 Committee Members
Board of Directors Liaison: Adrianne Swinney, Chief Operating Officer/SWA, University of Connecticut - DI American Athletic Conference
Member Liaison: Cricket lane, Associate Athletics Director of Student-Athlete Development, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, DI FBS
Staff Liaison: Kara Hess, Manager of Leadership & Education
- Kate Bergstorm, Associate Commissioner of Internal Operations, America East Conference - DI
- Kathleen Brown, Director of Athletics, Marshalltown Community College - NJCAA
- Bridget Brugger McSorley, Assistant Athletics Director of Compliance, Virginia Tech - DI FBS
- Sarah Dehring, Associate Athletic Director/SWA, Alma College - DIII
- Betsy Feutz, Associate Athletic Director/SWA, Lindenwood University - DII
- Sherryta Freeman, Director of Athletics, Lafayette College - DI
- Lisa GoddardMcGuirk, Director of Athletics, Gannon University - DII
- Sara Quinnell, Assistant Commissioner, Upper Midwest Athletic Conference - DIII
- Tiffany Tucker, Senior Associate Athletic Director/SWA, University of North Carolina Wilmington - DI
- Marissa Robinson, Assistant Director of Leadership Development, NCAA