The Awards Committee administers the association’s recognition and national awards program by researching and soliciting nominations from the membership and then recommending selections to the Board for approval.
The Awards Committee assists in gathering nominations from the membership for the Promising Professional Award, Rising Star Award, Commitment Award, Administrator of the Year Award, Nell Jackson Administrator of the Year Award, and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Solicit nominations from membership and affiliate organizations in all award categories.
- Be sensitive to the diversity of all award candidates.
- Submit all nominations to National Office for accurate record keeping.
- Rank nominees via voting ballot for selection.
Qualifications for Committee Members
Committee members should:
Be actively engaged in Women Leaders in College Sports programs;
- Actively participate and be aware of association members and activities;
- Understand the importance of this committee and its role in enhancing the spirit of the association.
Note: members of this committee are not eligible to win an award during years of committee service.
Committee meetings are via conference call, as needed, and are typically one hour in length. Busy time is February through July.
2021 Awards Committee Members
Committee Chair: Natasha Oakes, Senior Associate Athletic Director, University of North Texas, DI FBS
Board Liaison: TBD
Staff Liaison: Kaila'Shea Menendez, Director of Leadership Programming & Events