Women of Color Initiative
The Women Leaders in College Sports Women of Color Initiative addresses the needs and barriers women of color experience in relation to access, advancement, and retention in collegiate athletics. The initiative also provides a platform for Women Leaders members to connect, address issues specific to women of color, and advocate for one another. Components of this initiative include:
Collaborate /// Partner with NCAA Office of Inclusion
- Invite Women of Color to participate in focus groups and surveys for the NCAA Barrier Study
- Expand diverse speaker pool for all Women Leaders in College Sports educational programming
- Host Women of Color Fireside Chat at Women Leaders in College Sports National Convention
Connect /// Participate in Women Leaders in College Sports Mentoring Program
- Encourage participation as either a mentee or mentor
- Engage with your partner to gain or share valuable work insights
Convene /// Women of Color Leadership Chats
- Women Leaders sends monthly emails to the Women of Color listserv that includes articles, Women Leaders events, and highlights member’s career paths
- NCAA/Women Leaders co-host quarterly calls to discuss topics and issues pertaining to Women of Color
- Registration for calls are required
- Attendees can submit questions before the call
Please note: this service is a benefit of Women Leaders membership and currently available to members only.
Develop /// Attend Leadership Programming
Empower /// Join Job Link
- For mid-level women looking to advance
- Receive bi-weekly emails with list of mid/leadership level positions and relevant articles
- Notify interested applicants of openings
- Provide names to hirers recruiting for specific positions
- Review our Advancement Road Map , which is a checklist providing Women Leaders members a straightforward guide to advancing
Recent News: Patti Phillips named as a Champion of Diversity and Inclusion by the Minority Opportunities and Interests Committee for her development and leadership of the NACWAA Women of Color Initiative.
To learn more, please contact Lisa R. Thuer by emailing email@example.com or by calling 816-389-8216.